RCU Forums - View Single Post - Best scale photo!
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 03:08 PM
rcphotog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best scale photo!

ORIGINAL: allanflowers

Obviously Photoshop is a wonderful tool to blend images together. On the other hand, foreground asphalt that is way out of focus telegraphs the scale reality to the viewer.
It is important to close down the lens aperture to get the best possible depth of field, which will help eliminate that totally out of focus ground plane. Not that complicated.
Hi Allan,

Yes I agree, however, my post is intended to help those who use "point-n-shoot" cameras that don't allow for stepping down the aperture

And if using a DSLR, you will still have an issue of non-scale grass in the foreground, only now it will be sharply in focus.

Ken.

ps; I've added an example of what I enjoy doing to model photos to give them a more endearing quality. In My opinion......besides, it's FUN !!!

Before and after. The color photo was made on Fuji 50asa slide film with a Nikon FM-2 and a 28mm wide angle lens. I recently projected it onto white-board and took a photo with my old HP 3mp point-n-shoot camera - producing an unflattering low-res image. ( I don't own a slide scanner [] )

I wanted to make something special and unique for the owner / builder of the model ( Fred Reese kit 72" ) so I tried to replacate an image of the past

So for those interested in something a little more than mere scale-model photography, I offer this as an example of what a little imagination can do.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ol31270.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	471.3 KB
ID:	1645730   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni24782.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	338.8 KB
ID:	1645731