RCU Forums - View Single Post - Eagle 50?
Thread: Eagle 50?
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 07:03 PM
ckpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Eagle 50?

I would like to say I bought an Eagle 50 this June. Finally got brave enoughto try flying my HoneyBeeFP again and bought the Eagle 50 as the next step up. After hovering my FP and just learning some basic tailin manuevers, I tried the Eagle 50 and found it very easy to hover compared to learningthe FP. Im glad I practiced my crashes on the HoneyBee, I have not crashed the Eagle 50 once in the last month and fly it weekly. I have not broken anything after flying it an hour or two so cannot comment on how easy or difficult it is to fix. But I do enjoy flying it. The only mod I have done was to install heat sinks on both motors and am flying both originals for now. Only problem I am noticing is that the tail often twitches in hover, and I am hoping a gain adjustment on the receiver will fix that. Glad I found this forum since I think I found the procedure for doing that here! Back to flying ... I feel it is much smoother than my FP, however, you need to be quicker on the controls as any change and this heli wants to get up and go with any corrections! My heli has been flying for me straight out of the box. I checked the setup in my kitchen and then have been flying it since. And i have notused the training gear for some time now also for whatever that is worth...I bought hte metal head upgrade as well as all the plastic rotor head parts, but have not had a need or chance to replace anything.
Lastly, I bought this heli from xHeli as well as my HoneyBee and two others. I personally donot have a complaint with them.
And finally, I dont work for Exceed, Walkera or xHeli either! so I dont have an axe to grindor points to make with my boss (Im self employed).
So to everyone struggling with this bird, I can only say keep at it and keeping trying. I am not an expert, have not done Fwd Flight yet, crashed a lot just learning to hover and one day it just clicked. You might try learning to fly something less complex and easie to repair than a CPheli, then come back to this one, its a blast!