RCU Forums - View Single Post - Airplane rudder gyro
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 08:56 AM
dasintex
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Airplane rudder gyro

Yes to Bomber Field;

I use AVCS for take offs as well, tried Normal and didn't like it; but I turn GYRO off completley, once in the Air, I don't leave the GYRO on when flying, not even in Normal; in fact, with my method, NORMAL setting is eliminated because I dialed in 0% on the GYRO SENS function and I have it assigned to a 2 postion switch, it's either ON in AVC(set for 100%) or OFF(or NOR set at 0%); and since I'm using a 2 postion switch Up and Down only no Center for Neutral or in your case OFF or 0% would be at the center position.

Clear as mud right, when you access that GYRO Sens Function it will become clear; and I believe it defaults to a 3 position switch; I merely change that to a 2 position switch, in my case to Switch 'E'; assign GYRO sensitivity to any unused channel, I use 7 because 5 is Flaps and 6 is Gear.

I have the Manual for GYA350, but I programed mine using that suggestion by that guy on the Decathlon Thread; I have been using this method for 5 years now and on 5 different planes without any problems, the only problem is finding GYA350 GYROs, but I suspect the 401 will work just as good..

Doug.