RCU Forums - View Single Post - Savage half tank EXTREME lean problem.
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 02:10 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Savage half tank EXTREME lean problem.

ORIGINAL: Sigma.40

ORIGINAL: nitro stan

i put a 2oz header tank on my truck. the small tank feeds from the main tank, but it keeps consistent pressure, and as a bonus, you get more run time
its zip tied in behind the main tank
I have heard that this works, but why (probably a stupid question) is the fuel line to the carb on the top of the header tank? As the fuel gets low wouldn't it cause issues trying to push the fuel up through the fuel cap?

There's a clunk inside the header tank that picks fuel up from the bottom. If you mounted the header tank horizontally it would still pull fuel when the truck is on it's lid too!
ORIGINAL: brandon429

Ive been told for thirty years that heat changes tolerance meaures and causes weakening of metals and uneven wear. if thats off then why does my car need fluid to heck with coolant its too expensive. are you saying an rc engine will run at 600 degrees with no failure?
The difference is in the engine construction. Your car's engine relies on ring tension to get compression. Get the rings hot enough and they lose this tension. When they do that, they can no longer seal. On top of that, your car's engine has one head on multiple cylinders, get that hot enough and it will warp.

Your RC engine does not have these issues. You can get that thing as hot as you want to. The worst thing that will happen is that it just shuts off. When it cools off it will start right back up and run just fine provided you didn't melt the seals in the carb. The reason we have a temp limit for our RC engines is because that's the temp where the cylinder gets approximately perfectly cylindrical and so that it doesn't boil the fuel when it hits the crankshaft.