RCU Forums - View Single Post - Noob (me) with a Parkzone P-47 - to fly or not to fly?
Old 08-11-2011, 02:19 PM
richardlamb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noob (me) with a Parkzone P-47 - to fly or not to fly?

Hey guys. I bought a TERRIBLE Guan-Li plane online a week ago and after sending back possibly the lowest quality thing I'd ever bought in my life I phoned a model shop and ended up spending about £400 on a proper setup. He said Parkzone had what I wanted (fast/easy setup, good build quality, good instructions, had model in a simulator they sold) and said they were all fairly similar in terms of how they flew so I got a P-47 Thunderbird over other models (namely the T28). I am using it with a DX6i. However after looking for more info/videos of the plane I have (and already opened and built) I have read countless times about how the Parkzone T28 is much easier to fly and much more forgiving (especially with landings) than the P47.

So here's the thing, it is my first ever RC plane. I did get it with the phoenix flight simulator and have done about 6 hours already and am fairly competent on that now, but I was planning my maiden flight tomorrow when the wind dies down (nothing fancy, basic turns and get it home) but am somewhat worried that it's going to be a £160 mistake. I am now wondering whether to order the T28 as well (so keep P47 for a month or two and learn on the T28 first) or go with an actual trainer plane first instead. I guess it probably makes more sense if i buy a second one to go for a trainer? While I don't have money to burn getting a 2nd plane, I'd rather spend more money and have two working planes at the end of it rather than destroying one, spending more money anyway and having only one plane.

So what do you guys think I should do? Has anyone here started with a plane like the P47 as their first plane with simulator time only?

Any and all input for people who are into the scene already would be massively appreciated. Thanks.