RCU Forums - View Single Post - Parkzone S.E.5a
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 09:17 PM
mad web tv scientist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone S.E.5a

FINAL FINE TUNED SE5

In variable 10 MPH winds this dandy flying machine demonstrated why it is going to be doing a lot of flying. The 12X3.8 SF APC prop with a 4.25 ounce 28C 1400mAh 3 cell battery provides great vertical performance and very realistic scale like level flight performance. A fresh battery provides 280 Watts with 28 amps. I found that holding the plane aft of the wings while facing the bottom of the plane works well to experience the greater than one to one thrust to weight ratio. Some of my stock batteries are over the hill but are still useful.
The little batteries allow 5 minutes flying time and also allows the discharged batteries to be between 11.1 - 11.5 volts storage charge.

My 10 foot by 1.5 foot "carpet runway" worked great on "leftover space" at a park today where the grass/weeds were too high for normal ROG operations.
The ship easily took off before the end of the runway when shoving the throttle smoothly to maximum power. Landing speed was so slow that it almost matched wind speed. This tough little bird does not mind ending up on its nose, I have proof.

Out.

__________________________________________________ __
FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY - Please see immortality promoting Blog - Rom. 2.