RCU Forums - View Single Post - Balance Tap pics and descriptions
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 01:45 PM
maddmatt02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Balance Tap pics and descriptions

well, the board does look like the input plug from the harness to the charger is wider than that 6s balance plug so it just might have 8 pins, but one I dont know how I would get that board since there is no part number or anything with it on their page, and two, it still doessnt come with the harness.

I still think I need to find out how to adapt a standard 7-wire harness board to the 8 pin plug I found. I just dont know which wire I would eliminate, and I dont know what end to start at when connecting wires. I guess I could always just do it like I think, fire up the charger and read the voltages on the display, and then test em with a meter on the battery to see if I have the charger reading the correct cells like it should, I only deal with 2s packs anyways for now, so maybe I should just get that 8 pin, a few 3 pins to make a parallel charge harness and tape/heatshrink off the 5 wires I dont use... it would be better than the big balance board I dont need anyways since I only use the 2S packs. might go 3s some day but it would be easy enough to just add those to my harness... and I actually JUST remembered I do have a real small 3s form a heli I used to "try" and fly that I can test with making up a 3s harness?

what do you think?

also, not sure what you mean "pin 1 shares with pin 2"
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88002.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	328.7 KB
ID:	1648056