RCU Forums - View Single Post - Offical nitro tc3 thread
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 07:49 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Offical nitro tc3 thread

Eh, I got three gallons out of this one, and they're 32 bucks at my LHS. Tower lists them for 27.99, but shipping renders the price identical, and I'd rather get it locally and not wait for the mail.

As for starting my engines, I'll take the convenience of a pull start over having to lug a starter box around any day, and I don't have to worry about battery charges to crank my engines. I also keep my engines well tuned enough where they need no more than five pulls. I might buy one if I ever put a four stroke in my CEN, but that's only if I have to convert an aircraft engine and can't obtain the necessary parts to fit a pull start. Likely candidate is an OS FS30 Surpass, as I can buy the necessary bits(Crank, carb, backplate, cam, valve springs, start shaft, and No. 5 recoil start) to convert it into a recoil start car engine along the lines of the FS26S-CX.

On a somewhat related note, while I was there, I also picked up a 6V wall charger for my trainer's receiver battery. It came with a 5 cell hump pack for car use, so I'll be able to ditch the alkalines which like to pop out of the holder.