RCU Forums - View Single Post - Parkzone S.E.5a
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 11:01 AM
Jaybird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone S.E.5a

I bought the PNP version last Friday, assembled it late Sunday night and maidened it this afternoon at lunch! The grass was very high and wet at the local soccer field so it took a few tries and a search for a bare spot to get a good run, but as soon as it was ready it jumped into the air and flew very well. I had added a bit more up elevator travel to try and help the ground handling which helped. It flew great at less than half throttle and is very responsive. It gets pushed around a little in turbulent air but so does any WWI bird. I'm running 3-cell 2100 mah batteries which drop right in and don't affect the balance. It's surprisingly hefty for a bunch of foam without the battery...it must all be in the electroncs in the nose. It is a tough little bird as mentioned above and took several nose-overs without complaining.

The only hard part with the assembly was mounting the stabilzer/rudder mount and getting the screws down into the plastic mount and then getting them to seat into the plastic posts in the fuselage. It took some firm but careful handling to get it all the way on. This is my first Parkzone model and I find it interesting that there are no instructions for centering the elevator and rudder surfaces and no hints for adjusting the trims in flight in case the plane wants to turn or dive. I've been modeling for years so it wasn't a problem for me, but I could imagine someone buying this as their very first plane and getting into trouble as soon as they pushed the trottle if the control surfaces were out of position.

I'm thinking of using glue to attach the vertical stabilizer rather than the tape since it's such a nice looking paint job. Anyone recommend a glue that would be flexible for this application?

This should be fun!

Jaybird
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64725.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	1649096   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy79881.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	1649097