RCU Forums - View Single Post - Firs Fun Fly/Fly-in - What to Expect?
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 03:15 PM
irdabrit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Firs Fun Fly/Fly-in - What to Expect?

Well, I'm glad I went.
I didn't get much flying done. I went with a buddy from the club and my wife and daughter, and they enjoyed the sunshine. The Wausau crowd have an amazing field; something I wish we had access to here with a paved runway, properpavilionand so on. I didn't fly much because every single person at this event seemed to have years and years of experience and trailers full of planes, so there was very little time for my supercub, which eventually ended up grounded due to a motorfailure.
I bought some raffle tickets but didn't win anything. I did offer the younger guy with 10+ planes some cash for the nice trainer he won, but he wanted $200 for it, which I didn't have
All in all, a fun time and I will be returning for their swamp meet in October. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up some bargains, but I don't think I'll be attending a flying event until I'm a lot more experienced. I just found flying when I'm this new in front of total strangers to be WAY too intimidating lol.

Oh, for the record. There was no "maiden" rule. I saw at least two planes being maidened at the event, but of course they were much more experienced.