RCU Forums - View Single Post - Parkzone S.E.5a
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 01:38 PM
mad web tv scientist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone S.E.5a

Okay, in our continuing saga against enemies within as well as without, my maiden flights (I should have said "on my "maiden flight day") were flown with the flying wires tightened as much as practical by using a simple piece of copper wire to twist the SPIDERWIRE on both sides of the fuselage. No glue was used untill after the first flights. I then applied glue in stressed areas where it looked like it might be useful. Somehow I ended up with slightly tighter wires on one side than the other - not enough to make any difference in flight.

I cut the angled part of the landing gear struts, added about a 3/4 inch piece of wire rod encased inside of brass tubing to put the landing gear further forward. It is possible to return the gear to stock position by simply removing the internal extra length of wire and allowing the for and aft ends of the angled struts to come together. The brass tubes would have to remain to keep the strut wire ends connected. The further forward landing gear position required new holes in the plastic struts with wire wrap to hold them to the metal struts. This made a big difference on grass take off ROG action.

Salute.

__________________________________________________ __
FIGHTERS, AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND
IMMORTALITY - Please see immortality promoting Blog - Rom. 2.

Couldn't get to the picture work tonight. I will try again tomorrow, etc..