RCU Forums - View Single Post - Aftershock carb. burning fuel (Vapor lock?)
Old 08-17-2011, 11:11 PM
matteo_galet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aftershock carb. burning fuel (Vapor lock?)

ORIGINAL: HerrSavage

No engine runs well immediately. They all need to warm up. I've never had serious issues with SH engines. NEVER the restart issue. That's a tuning issue, or something else.. I even sold an old Mach 427 a few years ago with a new Aftershock carb, and it ran great(have video somewhere...)
So HerrSavage I understand every engine has to warm up before running well, but i think having a pig rich tune, as rich as going 4stroke at start and bogging during runs, and already have the engine overheated... Well THAT is not a tuning issue I think.
But you already said it can be something else... was it generally talking or do you suggest other things to chech?

ORIGINAL: HerrSavage

All this talk about composite carbs is suspect and frankly disingenuous IMO - spread inititially by one person in particular, then picked up on and regurgitated by his sycophants. I have had like eight SH engines over the years, and no they don't idle fantastically, but for the money they have great power and reliability - AND they are easy to break in and tune.
So you mean composite carbs are just a workaround and they don't solve the problem? I already thought this because the fuel path to the engine combustion chamber comprises other high-temperature parts of the engine, so if the fuel doesn't boil in a composite carb, it will do in the crankshaft or in the crankcase itself. Am I correct?

Anyway it makes me feel unlucky to know that those engines are so easy to tune - in fact mine seems to be the one less easy to tune!

Thanks anyway