RCU Forums - View Single Post - *Hangar 9 New Pulse 125*
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 09:53 AM
Brian Smith
My Feedback: (117)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: *Hangar 9 New Pulse 125*

CAVEAT EMPTOR:::::: I flew my Pulse 4 more flight and I did tip the prop on a bounce and go at least twice. I'm running a 16X8 APC and it was not damaged. SO"" I removed my stock LG and bent it inward enough to give me another inch of prop ground clearence. It is a job getting it even and the wheels lined up properly. Crackled the paint some. But I'm pleased with the results. Also I am trying a 15X8 APC prop and turning 9300 RPMS on my DLE 20. That seems excessive. Any one know if it is? The manual/paper work says 9000. So I'm wondering. YMMV.. Thanks Brian
ORIGINAL: Brian Smith

I flew the Pulse 125 last eve with the DLE 20. I agree with the other posters. What a blast. One of the most fun combos I have ever owned/flown. My CG came out about an inch behind the factory marks, and I decided to try it there and it was perfect. I will never add any nose weight. I dragged it in a couple time and touched the tail wheel first just looking for any kind of a stall and found none. I think the factory CG suggestion is the ''safe'' place to start but not need that far forward. I decided to ''try'' the stock LG and it worked fine. I bought the twist LG as well but it is not needed. You can nose it over if you try, but I had 3 flights and 10 touch and go with not one problem. Maybe the rear ward CG helps in that dept. I have a 10 ounce tank and fly for 15 minutes and have near a 1/2 tank left. To say I'm very pleased would be an accurate statement. Thanks for the mount Jerry, and thank for all the other posters and suggestions in this thread. Gotta quit writing and run back out to the model field to show my new flyer to my buddies. Brian Smith