RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Official Traxxas Slash short-course race truck
Old 08-21-2011, 03:31 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: The Official Traxxas Slash short-course race truck

ORIGINAL: fastandloud

well I finally got a 2wd slash and have been racing at a buddys barnyard track. Need some advice from you guys. Im running a castle 3800 with a 2cell lipo and currently 23/90 gearing. Not too happy with the speed or tourqe im getting now. What gearing should i be using? Im running against quite a few 4wds which is challenging to say the least. Any tips or advice would be appreciated.
The biggest difference i made was by following a artical dedicated to racing & from my experance it works a treat for bashing, i dont race

All it really involves is move the rear upper arms to the upper position on the shock tower *u need to cut a tiny bit of the tower for full suspension travel
set the rear camber to -3deg
fit around 70g worth of automotive wheel weights under the ESC, Im running the proline chassis saver with 60g weights.
And lastly do u know how to mod the diff to run oil? its easy all u need is oil, 2 o-rings & 2 shims.

these 4 changes make the rear heaps more controllable & highly improved straight line acceleration.
even with out the diff oil there is a very noticeable difference, give it a try, cant hurt & is easly put back.
Also from what ive been reading the stock brushed motor classes are generally pulling more laps than the brushless guys.

what class are u racing & what are the modification limits????