RCU Forums - View Single Post - *Hangar 9 New Pulse 125*
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 07:47 PM
nefariousrc
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: *Hangar 9 New Pulse 125*

ORIGINAL: MercerAUST

...but, be aware that this is a big plane with plenty of momentum. If possible, get someone experienced to check it over with you and to maiden it. Get the CoG correct and make sure you have plenty of room for takeoff and landing (I'd suggest at least 100 m for landings initially - the plane can float in the 'ground effect' zone for a long time). You want a nice low idle, but not so low the engine will cut out (although this doesn't matter if it is on a good final approach).

Moving to your first big plane can be difficult to judge the landings. Your eyes tell you that the plane is much closer than it really is, and you tend to come up short or wide of the strip.
The size is what really has be second guessing it. But our club has an 80'x600' asphalt runway and the group of guys I fly with all have been flying for decades. And my instructor will be doing a once over to double check my work and maiden it / trim it out. I'm all to familiar with the affects of CoG being wrong. I burried my T-28 UM on it's first flight because it was tail heavy. Wasn't even enough fuse left to glue.