RCU Forums - View Single Post - Servo flutter/glitching
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 01:44 PM
MRGierut013

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo flutter/glitching

A couple nights ago, I was m messing around on the street with my Revo 3.3. I'm using a Futaba 3PL 2.4 ghz system, a Duratrax Failsafe, and a Futaba servo for my throttle. I noticed the truck started surging while I was off the throttle. I though it might have been due to low voltage in the radio, the screen read 5.0V. The next day I changed the 4 AA batteries and the same thing was happening, the reciever pack is charged as well (Maxamps 1600). I started the kit again and held it off the ground in an attemt to recreate the problem so I could verify the throttle servo was indeed acting up. Well it did flutter again, all the way to WOT, I shut the radio off so the failsafe would engage the servo to full brake but nothing happend. The red light lit up on the failsafe but it was still going crazy untill I pinched the fuel line.

I only noticed the glitches while the engine was running and correct me if I'm wrong, but I've never heard of a Futaba 2.4 system having interference problems. The reciever pack is only a few months old, the same goes for the failsafe. There are no problems with the steering servos.

How can I narrow down the faulty part in the system?