RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite Giant P47 arf IS coming
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 12:52 AM
P47Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite Giant P47 arf IS coming

ORIGINAL: arsenaga

I'm recently retired, flew glo for many years and upon retirement decided to get back into it but with large scale warbirds. I recently purchased this TF P47 arf and have it nearly finished and should be ready to fly it (or have someone else maiden it who has more warbird flying experience then me) within a week or two. What I'd like to know is which control throws do you use for take off and landing? The manuel shows 2 travel rates both high and low. Is low for normal take off/landing and general flight and high rates for more hot dogging?

Any flying set-ups recommendations especially for someone like me who is new to the large warbird scene would be appreciated. I'm more into realistic and slower flight ....ripping holes in the sky at high knots of speed is something I'll leave to others far more proficient then me

Thanks,

Gary
I would have to agree with tfarmer96, just go by the book and you're OK.

I have flown mine for two seasons now, it is a very forgiving and gentle aircraft at low speed. With a DA50/DLE55, not to mention a DA85, it will perform any basic scale aerobatics maneouvre flawlessly. If you happen to land a bit slow, it basically does not flip but just mushes through andsits down gently on the ground.

For a re-entry inito scale warbirds after a little break, you couldhardly have made a better choice.

Here's min in excellent company earlier this summer.

Cheers and good luck with your project
P47Pilot
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Gd93872.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	1655089   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19734.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	1655090