RCU Forums - View Single Post - The new Tornado sport jet
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 06:58 AM
KC36330

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: The new Tornado sport jet

Trying to save weight and excessive clutter with the gear/brakes..........i couldn't find a trigger valve in my junk box to use on the back side of the gear servo horn for brake so i did a little thinking..........took a Tam gear valve and one side works gear, one side brakes, in the center of travel (gear down, brakes off) the O-rings prevent air loss. with gear up selected it applies air to the gear and they retract, air is removed from the brake system........you don't need brakes when the gear is up anyways........with gear down selected the valve moves to center position, removing air from the gear and they spring down........when brakes are selected it applies air to the brakes.....i added a restrictor on the brakes and you do need to lube them but it works and is light weight and a single micro servo. this also allows for parking brakes with the radio off where the UP6 pushes the servo and releases brakes when power is off. i have the brake switch deactivated when gear is UP so there is no way the valve can get out of sync.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60932.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	1655161