RCU Forums - View Single Post - Visiting Manaus - FigueiraJet 2011
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 05:14 PM
erbroens

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Visiting Manaus - FigueiraJet 2011

I would like to post some pics and tell some stories in this forum about this last weekend of a extraordinary jet meeting that I had the luck to be able to attend, the FigueiraJet meeting in Manaus, Brazil in the hart of the Amazon Jungle , as I thought that maybe you will enjoy reading it.

It was great to meet with old and new friends, share the same field with our planes and fly a lot in such a beautiful and exotic place. Brazil is a big country and most pilots traveled big distances with big boxes via air travel to meet in Manaus, the home place of mr.Ary Figueira one of the most enthusiastic jet friends that I ever met. He and his family worked very hard to make this event possible and we had a great time flying jets, changing ideas and enjoying freedom in a exuberant and wonderful place.

My travels buds where old well known friends .. Nelson Kaminski, the jet turbine pioneer in Brazil and my old Kangaroo wich I like as a family member too. Even if Nelson had locomotion dificulties and I carried a refrigerator sized luggage, the trip was easily accomplished even after a connection in Sao Paulo.. total travel time was about 6 hours.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22693.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	1655387   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni23960.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	1655388