RCU Forums - View Single Post - M4A1 Sherman from BOB (Grizzly)
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 09:51 AM
MarkofZollo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: M4A1 Sherman from BOB (Grizzly)

Right sorry I have been off here for a couple days, been painting and having trouble with compressor. Quite close to finish so thought Id post a couple pics ;

'Lucky Tiger' is from the game Forgotten Hope 2, a Battlefield 2 mod, thought It would be fitting
So had a few coats of Tamiyas OD green, most recent being two parts OD (XF-62) to one part Dark Green (XF-61) as seen on another forum.

Stencils of the unit numbers etc lovingly cut out by my girlfriend Ruby, turret and front stars were Tamiya ones but started coming off today so I hand painted the outline made putting them on
Rear star was from the Mato sheet, cut out the white bits which left the impression on the hull, so I hand painted in the outline
Put tools on and added straps using some leather colour electric tape. Have just sprayed varnish over, supposed to be matt but looks shinier than before
May do another layer of varnish tonight, then will dark wash and oil stain etc, waiting for Archer stencils to add before dust and dirt layers.
Cheers guys