RCU Forums - View Single Post - Couldn't resist... Say hello to my (new) little friend...
Old 08-31-2011, 11:01 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Couldn't resist... Say hello to my (new) little friend...

You'll notice a significant increase in smoothness and accuracy if you put your mouse dpi on full, then use the slider in windows to lower the sensitivity. Also, NEVER tick that box that says 'Increase pointer accuracy'. It reduces pointer accuracy on mice like this.

Not being funny, but I've been using high dpi gaming mice since the ball driven boomslang, 8 or 9 years ago (Razer's first pro gaming mouse) and while I like nice things, I wouldn't spend that kind of money if I couldn't tell the difference. I realise not all people will be able to tell, but for me it's worth it.

My last few mice have been... Razer Mamba (current), Razer Naga Epic, Razer Naga, MS Sidewinder X8, Razer Diamondback, Logitech G5, Razer Copperhead, Razer Boomslang.

The next best after the Mamba in my opinion was the Copperhead, since then I've been struggling to find a mouse that truly satisfies me.

The mamba has all the touches. It can be used while being charged (important!!), it can even be used in cabled mode for tournaments, but with the 1000hz polling, it's really hard to tell you are using a wireless anyway. It feels great, and most important of all...in my opinion, Razer mice have always been too light. Due tot he fact this is wireless, it is much heavier. While some may see that as a disadvantage, I love it. Kinda like adding stabilisers to a bow.

I'll give it a good test tonight on Deus Ex Human Revolution.