RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sig Kadet Senior Build
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 11:57 PM
mike109

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sig Kadet Senior Build

G'day

Over the last 10 years I have built about 10 Kadet Seniors and the smaller Seniorita. All the wing tips have been slightly different and I eventually worked out my way of doing it. One, in particular had the two tips looking a bit different but it did not make the slightest difference to the way it flew. The Senior is a very tolerant design, will carry a lot of weight and will fly well with a great range of engines.

The wing tip is part of the Kadet's stability. It is there to help the wing tip not stall at low speeds. It is effectively "washout" which makes sure the tip will not stall before the inner part of the wing. But so long as it looks more or less right, it will work as intended.

At the present time I have one with a Saito 62 (perfect match), it used to have a Saito 56 (also great), another has a Laser 70 four stroke (great) and recently I have put an aileron wing on it (more versatile but less stable). I also have one with a Saito 90R3 three cylinder radial. It is being used to run the engine in in the air. And I have an ARF Kadet Senior which has had a Saito 65, ASP 91 four stroke (insane and eventually the wing would have failed), enya 53 four stroke (fine) and now has a Saito 72 (just nicely overpowered).

I also regularly fly two others which belong to people I have been teaching. One was built off the plan (no kit) and used to have an MDS 46 (terrible carby) and now has an old Saito 45, and the other has a Saito 62. Its owner is now flying solo. He was nearly 65 when he started to learn and has taken about 9 months to solo. The Kadet has made it possible for him.

Enjoy your Kadet. I enjoy mine.

Mike in Oz