RCU Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/5 scale???
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 07:45 AM
mooman007uk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Losi 1/5 scale???

ORIGINAL: 46u

Kind of off topic but I wonder how many trying to get into RC and buy a entry lever or beginners RC then have so much trouble with them they do not pursue the hobby any farther? Seems like the RC manufactures are hurting them selves. I would think it would be better to make them better quality even if they have to charge a little more.
i agree with that but aren't you contradicting yourself just a tiny bit? in the 5b/redcatXT/XB thread that is currently going on you're saying it's better to buy a cheaper model and add upgrades rather than spend extra on a better model.....

the losi rumour has been going on for about 2 yrs now, unless they are going to do what cen did and rebadge something already out there then i personally don't think it'll happen...same with hpi (they rebadged a rampage MT in europe and it's coming back to bite them with warranty parts they're having to dish out so they can probably be counted out)
reason for the rebadge is simple...money...in the current world climate and lack of 1/5 scale sales, doling out a million or 2 for design, development etc is a bit risky to say the least....