RCU Forums - View Single Post - Eflite T-34 first flight
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 04:53 AM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts
Default RE: Eflite T-34 first flight

Well, second flight was last night after adding an ounce to the nose. This plane flies great! It is a blast to fly, still need to work on my landings though, but considering how gusty the winds were, 15-20 MPH, I didn't do too bad. A bit nose heavy on the landing, but still any landing without damage is a good landing.

So finally solo'd my nice plane, and so happy I have it. She flies very nice even on a windy day. Did some aerobatics with it, some upside down, slides, figure 8's, cross country flight<lost sight of it in the sun, recovered it on the other side of the road behind us.

I did this cool maneuver that has to have a name, I pitched up at half throttle into a stall and then slid the tail around so I am facing the opposite direction going down and accelerated, much like drifting a Civic.  If smoke was coming out it would have flown through its trail. It wasn't a pure vertical so I wouldn't call it a hammer head, it was more along a 45* angle.  Loops with this plane sound like a T-34C turboprop, you can hear the whine of the motor and the chop of the prop, impressed my slimer running friend.

Highly recommend this for a second plane!  It will be a screamer with a bigger motor and no droops, but perfect for a novice as it comes out of the box.