RCU Forums - View Single Post - Startup Questions, Gas CAT
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 07:33 AM
glastronjohn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Startup Questions, Gas CAT

Hello All. First post.

I've tinkered in r/c for while, but nothing too serious. I recently came across thisold boatan Ithought it might be funto mess around with. It's a cat about 40 inches long. It has a small 2-stroke gas engine with aB.H Hanson sticker on it. The radiolooks nice, but I'm sure it's an older FM model. He said it wasnice oneback in the day.

The primer bulb is cracked, but Ihave a new one to replace it with. It looks like I may need to replace the fuel lines also as well as install a new receiver battery. <o></o>

<o></o>

I have 2 main questions before I get started:
1. How do Istop the engine once it is started? It has a black wire lead from the engine that isn't connected to anything. I could clamp the fuel line, but there has to be a better way.
2. How do I get fuel into the tank? It has a junction in the fuel lines with a white cap that covers some sort of aluminum valve. <o></o>

<o></o>

We do a lot of boating (big boats) on the weekends at a local lake and I'd like to take this along just for fun. I've seen other V-hull rc boats with similar motors and a good friend has a Spartan running 6Slipos.

Any tips and/or suggestions on what I should do or not do would be appreciated. <o></o>

<o></o>

Thanks,<o></o>

JH<o></o>

<o>
Photos:

</o>

<o>
Do you see valve near the fuel tank? Is that the fuel fill?

</o>