RCU Forums - View Single Post - Savage FLUX XL HP - Gearing Wheel/Tire Question?
Old 09-08-2011, 08:17 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Savage FLUX XL HP - Gearing Wheel/Tire Question?

ORIGINAL: BKoz559

Are you running the 44T spur? You run 6S, right? If so, then gearing down may be wise; drop a notch or to on the pinon and maybe go up to a 47T spur if needed. Don't let the motor and ESC temps get past 150-160. I learned that the ESC fan switches on at 170 and the system shuts down at 190. As long as the ESC fan can still switch off occassionally and not run continuously then I'd say you're OK.

I know you already have the GST tires available which is why you when that route but, I am interested in doing something similar with my Flux except I'm looking into using 5B / 5T tires. Basically, all one has to do is swap the hexes to what; 23mm is it? The same axles should work, right?
Baja wheels are 24mm hexes, ITBJRC. ThunderbirdJunkie recalls they fit loosely on 23mm hexes, and are "useable", but not "right".

The GST wheels are 23mm hexes, and the old Pro Line 23mm adapters will work for those if you can find them. Or do they still make em?