RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official Losi 26cc 5IVE-T Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 02:33 PM
elven wizard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Losi 26cc 5IVE-T Thread

I'm talking cracks in the body, not in the paint. I don't know what paint has to do with strengthening of the body. Picture of cracked body on my MCD Beetle. Down below HELLO. About rub marks, I rather have rubs marks than cracks and not to say the panels will never be cracked just saying it will be a cheaper alternative than a whole body shell replacement. Now as for the cost of the Losi 5ive - T panels again I hope they are affordable then again if you can afford a $1600.00 dollar Rc, I think you can afford a body panel. Body shell vs panels. There's so many unprotected open area's on a body shell creating weak points. A good side hit, roll over, front hit etc can ultimately damage a shell. When I had a Fiero ( by the way this is not my Fiero ) - please look at below second picture, you can take the panels off if there was any damage. Easy on and easy off or really easy off then on. Instead of replacing the door itself you just replace the panels. Take off, and attach new panels. It was simple and kind [sm=regular_smile.gif]to my wallet. The Losi reminds me of this same concept. It was a heck a lot more cheaper in the long run ! Losi is a company of great idea's, so this body panel idea is a welcome. hey it's a cool idea why do the same thing as everyone else does. Do it different but a good different, plus I think the pro's outweigh the cons on this one.

I have to go now, I'm going to see Captain America. I haven't see that one yet.

I have many bodys with simple little cracks that turned into big cracks.

Body panels come off and on on the Fiero just like the Losi. Couldn't be any simpler

Fiero door skin, just like the Losi panels - don't have to replace the whole door !