RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 03:18 PM
hsukaria

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Welcome to Club SAITO !

ORIGINAL: Hobbsy

I'm not advocating the use of Synthetic lube but wanted to try it and so far my experience has been fine but I use after run oil religiously. Afew years ago I bought an MDS 1.48 from a gent in Ariz. who bragged that it had never had any fuel through it except fuels with synthetic lube. When I received the engine it was stuck. I dismantled it and found the ring rusted to the cylinder and the entire inside of the engine dry as a bone except for the bottom rod bearing. This fuel seems to do better than that.

H-man I started to run this Saito I traded an Enya .90 for but hit a snag. It wouldn't accelerate beyond about 3,500 rpm not matter where I set the HS needle. I had an obvious Swiss cheese brain moment and took the carb apart only to find it was just fine. What wasn't fine was that the LS needle was way too far in. The small end of the LS needle was more than halfway into the spraybear. Picture #1 shows where it should be.
Luckily, I am having a great idle and transition with my Saito. But I have another 4-stroke that has given me fits since I bought it 2-years ago. The maximum rpm I can get with the break-in prop is 8500 and the idle is quite high. As I continue to adjust the LS needle to get the idle to go lower reliably, I end up with the LS needle almost all the way closed. When I end up with a good idle, the top end is gone down to 8000 rpm or lower. I might end up donating that engine to my son to use it as a learning tool.