RCU Forums - View Single Post - I'm so disappointed with THE QUAKE 8e....
Old 09-16-2011, 06:51 AM
Weekend Warriors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I'm so disappointed with THE QUAKE 8e....

UPDATE........

Finally got my diffs parts ( not from Redcatbilly, they are however almost completed, i was told) from across Canada. So still haven't drove it any more than 20mins in almost 2 months.  During that tme i ripped it all apart and put back together, loctite the steel screws and replace any that didn't seem to hold.  RE-SHIMMED the front and rear diffs- put 2 shims on the drive cup, to which there was already 2 there. so a total of 4 on the drive cup, and one behind the spur gear bearing. OK things do seem a little tight for me, but decide to try it anyway, see how it goes like that. No play at all now. Use the machined screw with a nut to keep things tight together.  Took it out for a test, all was good then about 10mins in, i lost the 4mm hex fine thread srcrew with the aluminum bushing that keeps the carrier in the c-hub.  @#$%$#, whatever, go to the LHS, who is redcat dealer, get the part, BUT they were different and after doing some research, figured out the problem, BUT again no parts here..........
So order from Dennis (AKA THE MAN, good job Dennis.) just gotta wait AGAIN, Down for another 10-12 days....

...........par for the course i guess[]