RCU Forums - View Single Post - HobbyKing Paraglider Parafoil for RC Skydiver Questions
Old 09-17-2011, 12:00 PM
skoda450

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HobbyKing Paraglider Parafoil for RC Skydiver Questions

OK, Robert here are some pics. The entire jumper and drop box weighs about two pounds. The connection coming out of his back is connected to the motor (#3) channel on the receiver inside the body. It is connected to the servo in the drop box via a servo extension cable. So, when I push what would be full throttle it moves the servo to hold the rubber bands pulled across his body. When I pull low throttle it moves the servo back to release the rubber bands and drops the jumper. When he falls away from the box the servo connection comes apart and he is free to fall and the chute begins to open. It's hard to see but the rubber bands have a nylon bushing (really, half of a large control surface hinge) that allows the rubber band to easily slide off of the wire when retracted. This drop box is held to the drop plane under the wing with rubber bands over the wing from front to rear. So, any plane large enough to hold it can be used because it does not require any interface with the drop plane.
I also took a picture of the mod to the static line lengths. I cut the sewing and re-stitched them in the staggered fashion seen in the picture.

Before you go any further, you need a radio that will allow you to mix the aileron and elevator to get elevons. This will drive his arms up and down together with elevator and opposite up and down with aileron
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71903.jpg
Views:	563
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	1663420   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs59543.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	1663421   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bg93584.jpg
Views:	501
Size:	57.5 KB