RCU Forums - View Single Post - Yellow Aircraft F-16C EDF Build
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 08:22 PM
Wisdumb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Yellow Aircraft F-16C EDF Build

Well, I'm back at the F-16, although the film gods are conspiring against me. My battery won't seem to hold a charge on my HD camera, and my iPhone reboots when I try to shoot video... Grrr....

I have been running the air lines and neatening things up. I decided I will put the air sequencer just above the custom former I made just behind the cockpit (the one that holds the intake spike in position to alleviate some of the stress from the landing gear on the duct.) I have tested all air cylinders (not hooked up to sequencer) individually and they all hold air without issue.  

Another note, I re-attached the nose gear door WITHOUT offsetting to try my theory that if you glue it in place while the cylinder is in fully retracted position then the door will be perfect. No need to compensate for cylinder pressure or anything like that. So how did it work? PERFECT! Now it doesn't twist or bow or any of the crazy stuff it did before. DISCLAIMER: I'm not saying my way is better or that Yellow Aircraft is wrong, I'm just saying that my way worked for me. 

Another note: I am going to mount the Stumax on its side to make more room for (at least two) of the batteries. This will put more weight near the center of gravity. I'm going to mock up some phony batteries and see the feasibility before I go too crazy. It would be great if I could fit 2 5cells on the sides and only have to put a 2 cell somewhere else, or do the 3 4 cell thing. I'm hearing good things about the Gens Ace batteries so I'll mock up some of those dimensions.

I'll keep trying to get some new video up when I can get at least one of the cams working.