RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another Fliteskin ME 109 build thread
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 06:10 AM
erans

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Another Fliteskin ME 109 build thread

Hi Casey - It is a great feeling to be able to make good progress at last. The build was dragging for too long.
I cannot wait for you to get going again. Your build is something Ican only dream about and as you know Ifollow it closely.
As to travelling with kids, 3 years ago Itook my 1 year old daughter on 7 hours flight to Hong-Kong. It took me 2 years to recover from the experience...

Iwent to see a friend of mine from my RC club yesterday who was assigned with the task to put my Saito FG-20 back together after the massive H9 P-51 crash. We have fired it up and after some tuning it is good to go, so I am back in the hunt for an aeroplane for it. Iwas very tempted with the ESM Me-109 E, but was not sure if the FG-20 will have enough power for it. My other issue is that by the time you get proper retracts, cockpit kit, spinner etc it is quite expensive... Iam not sure what I will end up with, it can be anything from warbird to Piper Cub...

That same friend came today to have a look at my Me-109. He was very impressed with the "kit" and was stunned by how light the ailerons were with the Fliteskin cover. Jose just gave me some advice regarding fixing the pin holes by using light weight body filler as used in the automotive industry. Iwill try to get some tomorrow.

I started the day today by separating the two fibreglass slats using my scroll saw (one of the best hobby tools). Ijust had to see how they fit on the wing, and they do fit very well.
Then Iworked on the right flap, again, slightly modifying it to strengthen the ribs so they won't break when Ihold it for sanding.

Ireceive error when loading the photos, so Iwill load them later.