RCU Forums - View Single Post - COMP ARF 110" F4U ARF WITH FOLDING WING ASSEMBLY
Old 09-22-2011, 07:22 PM
ram3500-RCU
My Feedback: (221)

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: COMP ARF 110

ORIGINAL: samparfitt

Gary,
Let me know how the conversion works so I can convert mine.
It seems like the geared conversion will be perfect for this application plus eliminate the oily mess.

The picture on the right is the same as mine.
It is very sensitive to the amount of air pressure entered.
This evening, I removed all the air pressure and found that 5 full pumps on the hand pump gave me enough to raise the wings, IF I simulated engine vibration that allowed the wings to raise.
Adding more pressure got the wings to work better but the accumulator turned the pump on more often and for longer periods of time. This raised my concern that the pump would overheat.
We have the same problem with the one on the right. It ran and ran, as if the accumulator was not working properly. Finally, the motor locked up. We got it free again, but with no confidence it it anymore, we installed the new one, and it all started working perfectly. Nothing else was different, just that component. Had to be something wrong with it. A new one cost $450, plus shipping. Makes the conversion much more attractive.

We also have a problem with the cylinder on the left wing. The piston rod came loose inside.Again, we robbed the one from the kit we have. Don't know how much that would cost, but with the conversion, they get scrapped anyway. More money saved. As you say Sam, it just seems like a win, win.