RCU Forums - View Single Post - E Flite Eratix 3D 25e ARF Owners Club
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 08:18 AM
IdeaBeing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E Flite Eratix 3D 25e ARF Owners Club

ORIGINAL: Homer712

OK, so it's been almost a year since anyone has posted to this thread...let's see if anyone is still following.

I purchased my Eratix about a month ago (have always flown glow power). What an incredible airplane! As others have posted, makes me look like I really know what I'm doing. A real pleasure to fly. There may actually be something to the whole ''electric'' thing.

Here's my question. I started out with an E-flite Power 25, their 60A ESC, a 14x7 prop and a Turnigy 5000mAh, 3S battery. Flew great, decent power, but after about a dozen flights I was eager for a bit more speed. Went to my LHS and purchased an E-flite Power 32. Tried this combination with both the 14x7 prop as well as a 13x6.5 prop. Not much (if any) difference. For a moment I thought it may have actually gotten slower.

Yesterday I ordered two 4000mAh, 4S batteries from Hobby Partz hoping that will make the difference I'm looking for, but just in case I'd also like some advice on programming the E-flite 60A ESC. The only thing that I think will make much difference is the timing. For those of you that are using the E-flite ESC with either the Power 25 or 32 motor, what timing have you programmed? Default is 15. Going up the options are only 20 and 25.

Anyone?
If you are looking for speed, find another plane. The constant chord wing combined with the thick aerofoil is very draggy. Also, the ailerons are MASSIVE and susceptible to catastrophic flutter.

By pushing the Eratix's speed envelope, you are inviting a midair disintegration event. as it is lightly built.

The great thing about this plane is how SLOW it can fly and still maintain full authority. It just wafts effortlessly down the runway in high alpha at literally a walking pace and spot landings are effortless. This plane really makes me look SO much better than I actually am.

just my 2 cents