RCU Forums - View Single Post - jr service
Thread: jr service
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2003, 04:44 PM
Troy Newman

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 3 Years

JR Products have a 3 Year Warranty.

This is the longest in the industry. It speaks to the reliability of the product and the company that stands behind their products. Perhaps its a case that the manual has not been updated since the change tot he 3 yr warranty. But I assure you JR products have a 3 Yr warranty.

I fly a bunch....As in this year till now I'm approaching 27 cases of glow fuel just in practice. That's 4 gallons per case at just over 100 gallons. Since I can get about 9-10 flights a gallon....I'm approaching 1000 flights for the year. With this type of flying a competition pilot is hard on equipment. The JR 10X has been a supremely robust system for me. I on average have the gimbal pots changed every 2 years. This extreme amount of flying is the cause.

Just a note when I flew the Futaba 9Z I would have pot related issues about once a year. And if I didn't replace them every year I would have a problem in the middle of the contest season the next year.

Bottom line is things wear out. Both manufacturers have good products. The difference in my mind is the way you get treated when you radio gear needs service. We risk many 1000's of dollars on our models. This risk is in hope that a small little 3/4 Watt signal will reach the plane and tell it to do the right thing. Makes sense to me to send your equipment in and make sure all is working 100% at least every couple of years.

Troy Newman
Team JR