RCU Forums - View Single Post - Everything you want to know about electric flight
Old 09-23-2011, 08:47 PM
harleykingofdividson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: EVERYTHING YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT ELECTRIC FLIGHT

Hi guys I am new to EDF's and need some advise/help. I purchased a real nice 90mm F-18 foam last year and just got around to building it. I got it from a dealer in Hong Kong and I dont know te manufacturer because the plane cam in a different box. I need help with the motor or the ESC. I had everything hooked up and was calabrating the landing gear when I smelled that plasticic melting smell. I dropped eerything and started feeling the wires to see if any are getting hot. The esc was very warm but not so that would make that smell. I then tried to test the flight controls and motor. Thats when strange started. Flight controls started moving on their own moving intermiten and then the lights on my RX went out and got the smoplugged the battery and started looking at the wireing to see if there was a problem but did not see one. I plugged the battery in and did not get anything, I tried to bind the rx and did not get the flashing lights. Frustrated I walked away from it to calm down and come back later to look at it again with different eyes. I looked in the tail pipe and noticed that the wires leading from the brushless motor are deformed but not showing wire. Is there anybody out there that can tell me if I burnt the motor and need to replace or the ESC is bad and needs to be replaced?

Specs:
All was incuded with the model except battery, TX and RX

Battery size recomended in instructions and I purchaced - 3800 mAH 5S 18.5 volt Li-Po flight power EON. Battery was about 35% cost of airplane so I have some cash in this.

Thanks for any help you can give me,