RCU Forums - View Single Post - COMP ARF 110" F4U ARF WITH FOLDING WING ASSEMBLY
Old 09-24-2011, 03:08 PM
ram3500-RCU
My Feedback: (221)

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: COMP ARF 110

ORIGINAL: samparfitt

PM (cont)

Wing folding mechanism:
I left the wing detached for a couple days to make sure there were no leaks.
I added one more full 'manual hand' air pump pressure (for a total of six) to the accumulator and the wings seem to be working OK.
Only one comes up at a time (right one first on UP as well as DOWN) but, I'll take it!

Scott Prossen flys his F4F at 3600 RPM's so I adjusted my pitch to get the same input.
I had to adjust the 3 blade, 32'' prop to about an 18 pitch and am also getting 3600 RPM's on the '250'.
This is plenty as his plane appears to be going at jet speed when he opens up the throttle (which is plenty fast for me!). This should also be much easier on all those moving parts.

I also was having trouble with the tail wheel not wanted to come down.
I had to put a spring on the end of the air cylinder attachment to overcome the slight negative angle of the mechanism. When installing the air cylinder, I could have avoiding this problem if I would have lowered the back end of the air cylinder for a better 'angle of attack' to the tail gear.

Video of engine testing with the new pitch setting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKldZjslqSc

No pictures, yet as RCU's web site gives me errors.
That setting seemed to work good for us as well Sam.

BTW, nice job on the cowl flaps. I intend to do the same thing on our #2 airframe.