RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official E-FIRESTORM thread
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 06:25 AM
namewasdallas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official E-FIRESTORM thread

I"m going to do some speed runs this weekend. First I need to shorten my motor wires along with ESC wire's there super long and get hot from the resistance, which is hurting my speed. I borrowed a couple 30T + Pinions from my buddy, I think I have a 33 and 35t to match with my 77T Spur and with the 4800kv motor  and my street tires It should have me around the 80-90mph range on 3s.

There's a awesome app for Droid phones it's a gps speed radar thing, I tested it in my Car yesterday and it was dead on. We hooked it up on my buddys 100mph Rustler and after the motor got hot enough to be optimal he hit 102mph!!!! and this rustler almost weighs 15pounds....

I was compairing Motor rpm's per volt with his setup and my setup and his 2200kv on 6s, and my 4800kv on 3s spin about the same rpms 58,000 or something like that. So if I can gear up a little more I may be able to crack 100mph with Less Volts and a Higher KV, limiting factory is going to be spur gear's and pinions as I have the smallest Spur already.