RCU Forums - View Single Post - ESM Retracts
Thread: ESM Retracts
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 02:49 AM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: ESM Retracts

I think sierra retracts are the best, and in computers IMB was also the best . In 2011/12 the best is only as good as the inovation that they can imagine in order to be better .In current marketing world we use three terms fad , trend and evergreen. Eletric retracts were a fad , they emerged into a trend and now matured into an evergreen .
Fad is 6 to 18 months , trend is typical 18 months to two years and evergreen is consistant growth with three years or more .
Sierra can continue with its existing plan , catering to the top end of the best of the best with a great reputation and for the record I own 5 sets of sierra in total .
However , I can tell you that if they Sierra stays the same and does not investagate eletric as a viable option , then there business long term (if they even care ) will suffer.
Personally when you make these comments in open forums , people get there skirts up and defend, ect .My comments are 100% unemotional and tied to business , fact remains eletric retracts are going to stay , grow and flourish in this hobby so in one chooses not to design to an obvious trend , then so be it and live with the results.
If we chose esm in epower over the gold standard Sierra in air , its not a knock or are willingness to want to tinker, its our desire for an epowered format that is not avaliable from #1 .
If you go back when epowered retracts were started , I was one of the 100% naysayers that said "never" !!! Then I tried them and all I can say is wow!!!