RCU Forums - View Single Post - e-heli what one's best for 1 one
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2003, 09:48 PM
spessx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default e-heli what one's best for 1 one

k_ogre
My advice would be to get an LMH Corona to learn on. These helis are very stable and can handle a good crash - often with no repairs or parts replacement necessary(you will get more stick time and save a ton on parts). Yesterday I crashed my Corona into the ground sideways with quited a bit of headspeed. It made a terrible sound when it hit - but I was able to just set it upright and keep flying. The only drawback to the Corona is that they are fixed pitch and cannot do 3D. I don't see this as a factor because I've been flying my Corona for about 10 months and am just now getting really good at normal forward flight stuff. I also have a Hawk 30 that I've converted to electric but I still enjoy the Corona more just because of the simplicity and low maintenance(again read more stick time). Go to the electric heli forum on www.ezone.com and do a search on Corona. I would purchase a Corona, fly it for a year and then sell it to another beginner (or keep it) and get a more 3D capable heli. I don't plan on selling mine becaue its still my favorite model I've ever built (and got in R/C in '83 with a Tamiya Sandscorcher!). BTW, I've also had an EP concept and an Eco 8 and a few nitro Schluters. I could never get past hovering with the Concept because of fear of crashing. I sold my Eco before I finished it to get a Corona and I don't regret it one bit.

Just my .02

-Stephen