RCU Forums - View Single Post - e-heli what one's best for 1 one
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2003, 04:12 AM
astronut30
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default e-heli what one's best for 1 one

Hey, honestly, I'm not familiar with the Concept or Eco but I own a Corona which I just got maybe only a few weeks ago and prior to the Corona I had a micro heli for a couple of weeks which I could only get to hovering maybe a few seconds at a time, then when I got the Corona, my learning accelerated bigtime, I'm about on my eleventh or twelvth pack now and I can hover for the whole charge which is about 5 minutes with my 7.2 2400 pack. Best of all, I've crashed it about 5 times and once from approximately 12 feet or so into a propane tank and all together I've broken one tail fin, chipped two main rotors which I still use and works fine, lost one Z clip and a ping pong ball off my training gear, haha, total repair cost was about $5. It is a fixed pitch which doesn't allow 3D but I think it'll be a long while before I'm ready for 3D anyway and there are a lot of experienced guys who still keep their Corona's around even though they have graduated into CP heli's. It's fun and durable and I've heard that if you can fly the Corona, you can fly any heli, so it should be a great heli to learn on for experience too. Definitely can't go wrong. I'm sure you could learn on your Concept just fine though, just gotta be patient which is very hard, all of my crashes was just from being impatient and flying in the wind, flying with insufficient space etc. because I just couldn't wait to fly. If you train right, you can definitely lower the amount of crashes.