RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another Fliteskin ME 109 build thread
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 05:17 AM
erans

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Another Fliteskin ME 109 build thread

Thank you Jose, I am still a bit struggling with the application of the Fliteskin and am a bit nervous getting closer to the wing Fliteskin covering.
Iwas struggling to make the Fliteskin to conform to the curve of the flap and aileron LE. It is very possible that Iwas trying to skin it too far forward, Iam not sure... One other question Ihave for you is if you left the LEof the flap and aileron as bare balsa or did you applied fibreglass on it? If balsa, did you just painted directly on it or did it require some other pre-painting preparation to fibreglass?
Not heaving the kind of experience that is probably required to build this kit leave me many times wondering on how to do stuff that is probably obvious to others.

One example is that Iam still a bit unsure how the aileron will end up working properly with its "unusual" (at least for me) LEshape and the "extensions" on the wing TE top. If Ijust mate it to its intended place and try to move it up and down it currently looks to me as if the movement upward will be very restricted... It may all suddenly just work once I finish to skin the wing top with Fliteskin and hinge the aileron into its intended place. I don't know...
This is only one example of where my lack of experience costing me time in figuring out what is probably obvious to more experienced builders.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl31080.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	330.6 KB
ID:	1668787   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr54553.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	336.0 KB
ID:	1668788