Thread: Sumo Hop Ups
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 04:34 PM
rootbeerslop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sumo Hop Ups

ORIGINAL: rootbeerslop

ORIGINAL: AllAboutFunHobbies

You have the motor meshed to the spur gear wrong or you have some binding in the diff. Check the diffs first. Remove the motor and see how it rolls if you push it with your hand, if it rolls hard or stiff, then something is too tight in the diff or you have some screws too tight in the diff case. If it rolls smooth, then put the motor back in and re-set the mesh of the motor pinion and the spur gear. It shouldn't sound any louder than the original motor. Also make sure you don't have the throttle trim knob set in the wrong position.
Will do. Pardon the noob-ness. Can you explain resetting the mesh of pinion and spur gear ? Thanks for your time ! I'll check it out now.

Ok, took the motor out and it rolled fine. had a weak solder joint on the motor, so I fixed that. Took out the motor pinion and reattached that and tested just the front end first, and it seemed ok.
Put the back on and it seems to run smoother as a whole. It still stops kinda fast, but that is probably just me expecting it to roll farther because of bearings. I think it should be good. Thanks for your advice ! This is a fun little truggy.