RCU Forums - View Single Post - HBX, Who else owns one??
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 02:05 PM
James NZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HBX, Who else owns one??

Hello bluefisherking

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately my previous post contained the sum knowledge of r/c cars gleaned from this web site and others. I understand what you mean by calibrating the ESC to the receiver, it's a pity the manual that came with the car didn't share this knowledge or the way to do so, so I'm a bit stuck on that one. As for swapping parts around we don't know anybody else that is into r/c to do so. Reading through some of the posts here about motors, ESC and pinion gearing etc was a little bit of info overload late last night, especially after a hard day at work and then seeing the disappointment from my son when his "Ready to Run" car didn't!!

The manual does have a rudimentry troubleshooting guide and most of the suggestions suggest the battery being flat, loose wire connections or antennas not extended. However, under "Motor does not work" the two suggestions are "motor wires loose/damaged" or this one, "Receiver battery is weak". I thought that one was interesting so had a closer look at the receiver. There are three plug connections reading from top to bottom; ch2 which has the plug from the ESC, ch1 which has the plug from the steering servo, and batt which doesn't have anything plugged into it. I was wondering if this need a power feed from the battery? There is no battery within the receiver.

The ESC does have a small "setup" switch beside the led, but I am unsure of what sequence this would need pushing. I may just have a go with your suggestion to see if this works, can't do any harm, the car doesn't go!

Cheers, james NZ

Further to the above. I have just tried the above idea of pushing the reset button, it didn't make any diference. But I did notice that before trying this that when I tried the throttle trigger, the front wheels did an occasional twitching from side to side, so I am wondering if there is some kind of conflict between the throttle signal and the steering signal? Any ideas any one?

Once again, thanks for any help forth coming. Cheers