RCU Forums - View Single Post - New from Futaba, who will be the first?
Old 10-06-2011, 04:55 PM
Jetfan20
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New from Futaba, who will be the first?

ORIGINAL: siclick33

Different people buy the transmitters for different reasons; number of channels is only one factor.

I didn't buy a 14MZ so am looking to replace my old 9z. I definately need more channels!!! It sounds stupid but I also want to be able to put the TX back in the case (which I can't do with my 9Z with the 2.4 module). Telemetry and the S-Bus programmer on the 18MZ will also be very handy.

The $$$$ thing is funny as people are quite happy to spend that much money for one turbine but cough at spending that on a transmitter than you will use on multiple models. That said, I'll give it a while for the rush to die down and see where the price settles. I'm betting that it doesn't stay at $3000 for too long.

Yes I think we all get the whole point of not coughing at spending $$$ on the transmitter, coughing would be buying a hobbyking 9 channel...I think anybody that flies jets or expensive planes will atleast own a JR 9303 or better or a Futaba 9cap or better all with 2.4. I believe you guys are missing the whole point, the majority of the flyers out here buy just to buy and really never need it or should I say use it. A 18 channel transmitter for $3k on sale $4k regular price is insane, but If you need it....you need it, more power to your purchase. But, keep in mind these are the types of reasons the hobby is getting more expensive, because when we spend this type of money on these items the companies thinks it's ok. I will hold onto my $3k and my JR 9303. And for some of you guys it's $3k plus interest...