RCU Forums - View Single Post - New from Futaba, who will be the first?
Old 10-06-2011, 09:47 PM
bidrseed2
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: New from Futaba, who will be the first?

Before I begin, i fully accept market forces and futaba wishing to extract maximum revenue from its customers. Whether the price is excessive is a different question.

I don't buy( pardon the pun) this argument that just cause you have a jet you have to have the best radio- you clearly do not, from a functional, safety, legal or any point of view that i can think off.

I also don't buy the argument that because you would spend $10000 on a jet you should be prepared to spend a third of that on a radio. If you follow that argument through, where do you stop, is 10% acceptable, 20%, 50% or as the radio is always used and isn't susceptible to dumb thumbs should be willing to spend 150% on our radio? When is enough enough?

Consider that what were buying is essentially a piece of electronics with a Radio transmitter attached and a electronic screen. Why are JR users accepting of monochrome screens that would be out of date on a £30 supermarket phone. Why are futaba users accepting of colour screens that need recalibrating, when tomtom satnavs sell for £100 with better screens? Im fully aware that tomtom will sell far far more satnavs than futaba will sell transmitters, but how much do we have to pay to get better screens on our transmitters. How much not to have plastic cases? For $3000, I expect more than what is presented.

Genuine question but to make me feel better, can someone give an example of another hobby where an ancillary piece of equipment has a similar relative pricing?