RCU Forums - View Single Post - New from Futaba, who will be the first?
Old 10-06-2011, 11:55 PM
schroedm
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New from Futaba, who will be the first?

Guys,

If you don't want to drop $3k then don't. Quite simple but you guys aren't thinking it through.

I bought a 14MZ the day they were released - must have been approx 6 or 7 years ago. I paid £1500 for it and people thought I was mad. Since then I have never had it repaired or serviced and it has done everything I could ask of it. It saw me through 35mhz to 2.4 from 3ch foamies to 14ch 1:3 scale jets. I've never found anything it can't do.

Now, 7years later, I will move to the 18MZ and embrace the new features etc and I'll sell my 14MZ for, erm dunno - £600 maybe. That means I have had 100% reliability and functionality for 7 years for approx £130 a year!!!

If you can show me anything else in this hobby that you use in/for every model you own and that you HAD to have in order to fly and that after 7 years had cost you less than 10% depreciation a year then please do.

So, that 3k turbine you don't mind buying that is only used in 1 model at a time, is at risk of total destruction every flight and would be worth virtually nothing after 7 years seems like the stupid mindless purchase people think this TX is - and most of you have bought several! Who are the fools

My 0.02

Mark