RCU Forums - View Single Post - New from Futaba, who will be the first?
Old 10-07-2011, 12:11 AM
bidrseed2
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: New from Futaba, who will be the first?

I dont think i said you can get a 18mz for a third of the price, i said you can buy another more expensive version of the same thing for 3x more. Ill clarify and say a three times more expensive transmitter.
And more relevantly, the second top of the line model is a third of the price( in the JR range) and half the price in the futaba range
For reference
JR 11x £509, 12x £1400- almost three times more
Futaba 12 FGA £750 14MZ 1610- more than double
Apologies if you felt I was exaggerating the jump on the futaba, its only 2.15 xmore expensive not 3 times more, like in the JR range.

Its the difference in price between the second top and the top of the line that is one of the problems.
(Maybe the solution to keep me happy is to increase the price of the second top of the line)

As you rightly say, the choice to buy it is mine- the point is that if the latest model was only slightly more expensive than the previous one, - You always see a price rise when a new model comes out, I would feel i was paying a fair price.
But if the new version is a third more expensive than the previous generation ( Tower hobbies price on 14mZ $2299 vs 18mz $2999) then I think something is wrong.