RCU Forums - View Single Post - New from Futaba, who will be the first?
Old 10-07-2011, 02:44 AM
ceecrb1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New from Futaba, who will be the first?

All I can say is that, I fly gassers... and I own an 8fg.
I fly in my club and do various public shows through the year, but I have not yet competed due to work (I work in concerts and tv etc, something that happens at weekends so its hard to dedicate myself to any specific date).

Many in my club have bought the 14mz... then fly foamies or basic electric gliders etc.. these same people dont even use expos to soften the centre.
Usually they have some dual rates. a motor cut and thats it...

So why do they buy it.......

I'd also say I am by far the best plane pilot in my club. 8fg does me fine.
We do have a well known international competition level 3d heli pilot in our club (not going to name, names) and the 2nd rated national f3c pilot.... They dont have the 14mz's.

Just seems like a lot of cash for something that MOST people will never use. If you want to buy one, be my guest! Enjoy it! I PERSONALLY would rather use the cash on upgrading to better servos or motor etc in the planes I have or getting a new plane.
I just dont agree with the people in my club that tell (relative) newbies that they HAVE to get the 14mz after their first "basic" radio... and they MUST have it or nothing they ever own will fly properly...