RCU Forums - View Single Post - New from Futaba, who will be the first?
Old 10-07-2011, 06:51 AM
kochj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New from Futaba, who will be the first?

ORIGINAL: schroedm

Guys,

If you don't want to drop $3k then don't. Quite simple but you guys aren't thinking it through.

I bought a 14MZ the day they were released - must have been approx 6 or 7 years ago. I paid £1500 for it and people thought I was mad. Since then I have never had it repaired or serviced and it has done everything I could ask of it. It saw me through 35mhz to 2.4 from 3ch foamies to 14ch 1:3 scale jets. I've never found anything it can't do.

Now, 7years later, I will move to the 18MZ and embrace the new features etc and I'll sell my 14MZ for, erm dunno - £600 maybe. That means I have had 100% reliability and functionality for 7 years for approx £130 a year!!!

If you can show me anything else in this hobby that you use in/for every model you own and that you HAD to have in order to fly and that after 7 years had cost you less than 10% depreciation a year then please do.

So, that 3k turbine you don't mind buying that is only used in 1 model at a time, is at risk of total destruction every flight and would be worth virtually nothing after 7 years seems like the stupid mindless purchase people think this TX is - and most of you have bought several! Who are the fools

My 0.02

Mark
+1...

One thing that cracks me up about this....."3$K for a radio? no way".,....
Well I have WAYYY more than that into my airplanes....and guess what?
If I crash one of my 1$K or 2K or 3$K or 4$K planes due to a dumb thumb or running out of tallent ect ect....I know that
for 1, it will NOT BE the radio that caused it, and 2, MY 3K radio, will ALWAYS survive the crash!>>>>always.....
I can't say the same for my planes.....

I have talked to guys that have purchased BARGIN radios, and they lost up to 3- very high priced models.... and they buy
very high end products, due to radio failure... It can happen to ANY manufacture, and one doesn't have to spend 3K to have that reliability...

BUT if I can get 7-years out of a radio, than that is VERY good return out of ANY purchase....

I have a Good radio that has great features, but has had a few issues with a VERY few people.... and I have to say that I do get a-bit nervous when
I fly my planes.... Don't have to spend 3K on a radio,, no... but it is about what a guy likes...and wants.... not about what he NEEDs...